Friday

Where do I stand?

Change is something I do not find easy to handle. The most significant of the changes will be the removal of this invisible boundary I have around myself. The shield I use to protect myself from the potential hostility of the society.

At this point, I am not too eager to take steps to get myself out of this self-imposed gaol. That doesn't mean I do not understand the importance of being honest with people I am close to. I do wish to experience the freedom that so many straight people take for granted in expressing their sexuality.

I have no intention of shouting from top of the world that I am gay. Coming out probably means letting ones I love, know what my orientation is. Once this becomes a reality, I guess I will care nothing about strangers. Until then, I wish to let my sexuality remains away from the view of people.

There were times when I feel so stupid for keeping this hidden from my family. Such moments are quite frequent nowadays. One such is when my mother quickly dismisses my denial to get married in the future. How badly I want her to understand that those were the words of truth!

No comments: