Wednesday

Goodbye!


After 17 days of the birth of new year, it is probably a bit too late to bid good bye to 2008. As they say... better late than never. :-)

"It was just another year... nothing special" I said, in response to a friend's question on how the year was on its last day. It did not take me too long to realize that this assessment was incorrect. However, I chose not to let him know what went through in my mind as he continued to say why the year was important for him.

Looking back and analyzing more carefully this time, I find many reasons why my earlier statement was wrong. Things changed quite drastically last year. The most significant lesson I learned in 2008 was that human beings are complicated!

Forming new friendships, breaking a few and strengthening some, 2008 made me understand the interdependence that is at the core of our existence in this society. I had spent most of my free time in introspection. Now, I can very clearly say that I know very little about myself.

No comments: